Coastal builders worked with these clients to build a quality, efficient home to achieve their needs in retirement, yet still be large enough to ensure their family could utilize the home. This home was designed by Ryan Wilcox from Westernport Building Design to include:
- Two Master Bedrooms both with Ensuite
- Another two bedrooms & a separate bathroom for guests which would be could be closed off t
- A large open plan living space which would open onto a large deck partly covered for to accommodate large family gatherings
- A second separate living area
- Other features of the house included: Walk in pantry, drying room, study & double car garage with separate workshop at rear
The house was constructed on a timber sub-floor with a mixture of cladding incorporating Silver Top Ash Shiplap, Corrugated Iron & rendered Hebel panels. The clients were very specific that they wanted the house to be as efficient and insulated as much as possible. The floor, walls and ceiling were insulated with the highest rating Insulation which could be used within 90mm internal and external walls.t. The windows used throughout the house were Double Glazed PVC utilizing the “Tilt and Turn” option which accommodated the Hebel panel extremely well in relation to achieving high rating efficiency.
This house is striking by appearance due the height of the ceilings and also the roof line is constructed in skillion style in one continuous line. The roof over the deck is supported by two feature columns which have been clad in Silver Top Ash Shiplap boards.
After completion of this project these clients are very happy with their home and are enjoying living in it.